Update (22 December 2015)
The eShapeoko kits are now available to buy directly. You do not need to make a reservation anymore. I have removed the form.
Many people said they would like to reserve or pre-order an eShapeoko kit, to make sure they don’t miss out when it came back in stock. I haven’t changed my decision on pre-orders (I will not accept paid pre-orders), but I don’t see why I could not reserve future stock. I will keep a list of people who’d like to order a kit, and put aside those kits until they get around to ordering them.
If you’d like to reserve an eShapeoko kit, please use the contact form below (preferred), email me, or use the contact form in the store.
Please use the following code when describing the kit:
- X rail type:
- DX dual X rail
- SX single X rail
- X carriage spacers:
- -N nylon spacers*
- -A aluminium spacers (only available with dual X rail)
- Frame type:
- -s classic (closed) end plates (machine size limited to 375 × 500)
- -OE open end plates (machine can be any size)*
- -F deluxe frame (only available for 750 mm or longer Y axis)
- Zaxisleadscrew type:
- -M M8 threaded rod*
- -Z Tr 8 x 2 trapezoidal screw
- Motor mounting hardware:
- -R NEMA17 on all axes*
- -S NEMA23 on X axis, NEMA17 on Y and Z
- -T NEMA23 on X and Y axes, NEMA17 on Z
- -U NEMA23 on all axes
- X rail length in mm (375, 500, 750, or 1000);
- Y rail length in mm (375, 500, 750, 1000, or 1500).
Options with an asterisk are the defaults and can be omitted.
For example, DX-A-OE-Z-T 500×750 is a machine with dual X rail, aluminium spacers, open ends, trapezoidal leadscrew, NEMA23 motors on X and Y and NEMA17 on Z, X axis 500 mm long, Y axis 750 mm long. DX-N-F-M-R 1000×750, or DX-F 1000×750 in short, is a machine with dual X rail, nylon spacers, the deluxe frame, standard M8 threaded rod leadscrew, NEMA17 motors on all axes, X axis 1 m long, Y axis 750 mm long.
I estimate the kits will be back in stock in the first half of August. Reserving a kit is free and comes with no obligation, but I would appreciate it if you used this form only if you genuinely intended to buy. Once a week or so, I will collate the requests and allocate them serial numbers (you’ll get an email). This will help me plan ahead and make the delivery quicker.
Update: shipping cost
The store calculates the shipping automatically, based on the size and weight of the items in the basket, and on your address. Because the kits are out of stock, you can’t put them in the basket, so that doesn’t work. To give you an idea of what the shipping cost would be, for a typical large kit (1000×1500, weighing about 15 kg):
- Domestic (UK): about £12 (about £24 to Northern Ireland, but small kits are much cheaper);
- Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland: about £25;
- Austria, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden: about £28;
- Czech Republic, Hungary, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland: between £30 and £35;
- Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania: between £49 and £56;
- Cyprus, Malta: £65;
- Croatia: £92.
For the really ridiculous rates (last three lines), the size of the kit matters a lot — smaller kits will be much less expensive to ship. For the rates under £35, the size does not make such a difference (expect to pay about £5 less for the smallest kit).
Update: Confirmation Email
I collate the requests and send confirmations once a week. Please do not ask for a confirmation in the comments, or by email, unless more than a week has passed and you did not get a confirmation email. Thank you.
Update: Form Removed
Please order your eShapeoko in the store. It is no longer necessary to make a reservation.